Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a great day....

First some pictures from today


Ashleigh and Tyler are just now finishing up their night game of ogers and elves. What a great co-operative game. I picked a few new ones up at the ed.store today.




We started at Triop today! Its so exciting! We will be adding the eggs tommorow.



Heather working on word searches. This is how is learning her letters.





The never ending game...lol....or correction, the game that keeps starting over and over lol



Today was a great day all around. I ended up driving into peterbrough and spending the day with my girls, and a friend and her girls...it was a girly day of fun. I love hanging out with just the gals...we went shopping at VV and picked up some other stuff at the ed. store. Ashleigh shopped around for what she wanted to spend her money on and then bought something , paying for it with her own money. She was so proud. I had to jump on the cashier to stop from taking the money out of ash's hands ..lol....but one look and a reassuring smile, the cashier understood.



*wink*



We spent the eve tonight, playing board games together and having a great time. I love watching the kids play together, and the lack of fighting not only continually surprises me, but also people around me. I like that they generally don't really fight. They debate, but on the rare occasion actully fight.



I had alot of really great thoughts today about Unschooling, and how we are moving closer and closer to that life. I am really happy about it , and my only hope is that I can stay relaxed enough to really let my children be who they are. Becasue really this is all about me, and my feelings towards education. I am going to look through all my John Holt stuff again, and I am trying to read at least one unschooling/education type essay a day. Just to get my mind going and try to keep myself focused on the "prize" untill I can get my confidence back up but also my childrens and my hubbys. I am not going to feel bad for the little exit we took from unschooling, mostly because we learnt alot. About ourselves, our limits and our family and what we want to see happen. I love that my children are still up at 11pm, becuase they want to spend time with me , doing whatever we want to do. WE DONT NEED TO LIVE BY A CLOCK. I left that mentality for awhile...but thank god, I am back to it.



I want to share a pic of Tyler and Ashleigh on our atrip to the beach, looking for river glass..




I feel good about today..I feel like I met my goal for today...Everyone was calm , peaceful and at ease...we did things in our own time with out own needs in check, and in turn helped others have their own time and needs. I am proud of today.


No comments: