Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We have had an amazing couple of weeks. What a journey , a journey that I never would of thought would feel so amazing. We had more time to talk , to explore, to just be then we ever have and I am truly getting to know my own children. Not that I didn't know them before, but we talk now in a way that we just didn't have time for before.
The week has been packed full with learning, and with new things. I wanted to keep this journal daily so that I could post what kinds of things were doing, but of course I just don't have time to post, I am too busy having fun ..lol
One of the highlights of last week, was the building of the boat. We went to Float your fanny down the Ganny, which inspired the children to build their own boat. What Float your fanny down the Ganny is , is a river race where the entries build their own funny craft out of all sorts of things. buckets, satellite dishes...everything and anything that you can imagine...so the kids came home and built their own boat and floated down one of the creeks we have on our property. Everything worked fine and the kids were able to ride down the river, then someone had the idea that mom should try...lol...well mom never backs down from a challenge, so in I went..
and quickly out I went....lol...right into the creek...colllllddddd...lol...but fun. we all had great laughs.

Another highlight is the release of "bed times" I have been stressing about this aspect of our life for so long. It never felt natural to agree with the kids about how they have to go to bed at said time even if their not tired...so.....they have been released...and its so much calmer. I notice a huge difference in the way I handle our day stuff even , because it just seems to have so much more time...
oh Tyler wants me to come and play a game..will write later.
cheers
The Walkers

No comments: