Monday, April 27, 2009

It looks like another amazing day outside.....GLEE.....
Well its been another great week of adventures.
With the nice days , they have been spent roving about our property, swimming in the creek, playing , watching the brids, gardening, planting, and the list can go on and on.
With the rainy days, which we welcomed with open arms, was spent playing this amazing game we found at the library. You are part of medieval England and you have to rebuild a town after a storm wiped them all out. Its based in real history. You have to farm, build shelters and even battle with the lords that want taxes. Its amazing. Its called
The rain has also brought me some much needed time to clean up the house....do laundry and even read. It has been great.
Ashleigh yesterday decided that it would bea good day to figure out if she could survive on our property , as far as food goes. She got the idea because we were out collecting ng fiddle heads for market. So , she spent about an hour catching fish out of our creek, and she put together this amazing salad of dandelion root and clover, and a whole whack of other edible wilds off of our property. She did really well. Even though she ended up not catching any fish , she was very proud of herself.
Tyler, has been buried in the game I mentioned above. It has beat it no less then 6 times I am sure. We also went to value village on the weekend and foudn 5 decks of Magic, the Gathering cards. We looked up home to play last night, so today were going to sit down after dinner and try our hand at it. He really enjoys those kinds of things, and quite frankly so do I. All of those types of games take so much skill, and math...my god.
Oliver is growing...much to quickly if you ask me. He taught himself more colours last week , and he is well into shapes. Its funny, because he is so much different then my other guys when it comes to learning things. He seems to have something in his brain that just loves to store information. Its brilliant. The other children have that same thing, but they didnt show it as much when they were 3, as Oliver is. I say that, but my oldest was reading by 3.5 because he wanted to have his own library card and he thought the best way to do that is to be able to read. But he is also the guy that taught himself, with very little help from me , how to tell time, because he wanted to be able to figure out what time the library opened in relation to what time it was at his house , and when we could leave to get there on time. lol
Heather is as whimsical and amazing as ever. I want to be in her world so badly...the way she dances around the yard....she just has this amazing place she plays in and I wish I had been allowed to have that world when I was a child. Her drawings are getting more and more involved, just amazing. They are so full of colour and enlightenment.
The no bed time release, is still going incredible. It is taking the hubby a little more time to adjust simple because he was under the impression that the kids could stay up untill we were ready to go to bed, then they were sentenced to their room. I disagree with this, so he is giving my way a try for a few months, and see if it grows on him. I am so proud of him and his ability to open himself up to what his kids need, even if it is beyond is initial comfort level. So much amazing learning happens in what society would call the middle of the night.
Oh..the youngest is up out of bed and wanting some brekkie....be well all, and I hope your days are as magical as ours.
peace
The Walkers.

No comments: